3stylelife

This blog has closed. Follow me to 3stylelife. Thanks - Barry
Share/Save/Bookmark Subscribe

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Abstract Bracketology 1

Sorry for the delay in posting readers! I've been doing some construction work, which has been taking up a great deal of my time. I'm back with a possibly poorly timed application of mathematics to the world of sports.

Year after year my NCAA March Madness Bracket falls apart, and I've had enough. It's time to mathematize (this, rather than increasing my knowledge of college basketball, is of course the easiest way to improve my results). I'll be continuing my work on this indefinitely, as I've already come up with a number of interesting questions to look at. We start small, looking at strategies for a single game tournament.

Abstract Bracketology 1


If anyone has ideas of where to go with these, or questions to ask/answer, please comment!

...and GO DUKE!

No comments: